This page is a live feed from some of our favorite local style blogs. To visit their sites, please follow the link at the bottom of each post.
TheLastTangle.com : 7 Steps to Achieve that Sultry Smoky Eye
Do you spend hours examining those close-up eye shots in fashion magazines, like Elle, wondering how those models achieve those perfect smoky eyes? Now that holiday party season is upon us, it’s time for you to learn smoky, sultry, eye tricks the professionals use on a daily basis.
- Curl ‘em. Curly lashes make your eyes look bigger so the first step is to curl them.
- Perfect lines. Smudge a black kohl pencil liner along the bottom lash line. Do the same thing on the top eyelash line staying as close to the lash line as possible.
- Brush smudging. Use a pointed brush and add the same black liner to the tip. Smudge the bottom liner out, making sure to pull it out and up at the outer edge, like a little wingtip.
- Gel liner. Blend a black gel liner into a small fluffy brush and smudge the upper lid up towards the eyelid crease. Always work from the lash line up.
- Shimmer up. Clean the same brush and add a shimmery powder in a soft beige color. Brush it onto the lid, beginning at the lashes and working towards the brow.
- Shimmer down. Use the small brush to add the shimmery powder to the lower lashes and over the liner.
- Mascara. Of course, mascara is the finishing touch to make those lashes flutter like butterfly wings.
If you need help creating those sultry smoky eyes for that special holiday look, make an appointment with our resident makeup artist. The Last Tangle Salon will help you ring in the New Year with a look all the girls will envy.
Photo Credit: Kelly Stuart via Elle