This page is a live feed from some of our favorite local style blogs. To visit their sites, please follow the link at the bottom of each post.
TheLastTangle.com : 5 Practical Winter Hair Care Tips
Just like your skin, cold winter weather can dry out your hair. Keep the frizzies away, while locking moisture in by following their hair tips.
- Use Dryer Sheets. To avoid static, rub your hair lightly with a dryer sheet.
- Invest in Scarves. Use scarves as an accessory to keep your hair protected, while still staying fashionable.
- Warm Water. Especially in winter months, when hair is more susceptible to dryness, avoid washing your hair with steaming hot water. Instead opt for or warm or even cool water if you can tolerate it.
- Shampoo less, condition more. Thoroughly condition your hair after each shampoo, leaving some conditioner on the ends. Try to shampoo less overall. When your shampoo/condition process is complete, rinse the hair with cold water to leave moisture in.
- Limit Styling tools. While you don’t want to leave the house with a wet head, avoid using blowdryers and curling irons in the winter. If you must, blow dry your hair on low heat.
If you are looking for hairstylists, in the Overland Park area, stop by The Last Tangle where we use great products for all hair types.