This page is a live feed from some of our favorite local style blogs. To visit their sites, please follow the link at the bottom of each post.
TheLastTangle.com : Get your Winter Skin Care Tips!
Even if you don’t live in Kansas City or a snow-laden location, dry, cool winter weather can harm your skin if it is not cared for properly. Don’t let winter bring on dry, flaky skin. Follow the tips below to keep your skin soft and refreshed.
- Invest in a Dermatologist. See a dermatologist to find out how to best care for your skin now.
- Moisturize. In winter, opt for a non-clogging oil-based moisturizer with humectants.
- Sunscreen. Use a sun-screen on visible areas like your face and hands.
- Protect Your hands. Use wool gloves over a cotton glove underneath to prevent irritation.
- Stay Dry. Never wear wet gloves and socks.
- Humidify. When you turn on the heat, also turn on the humidifier, which adds moisture to the air.
- Don’t Obsess Over Water. While good in general, downing water will not affect your skin.
- Spoil your feet. Exfoliate often and moisturize with petroleum jelly.
- Limit masks. Take a break on clay masks and alcohol-based toners which dehydrate in winter.
- No hot water. Bathe in warm (never hot) water for as little as possible to keep your skin hydrated.
For skincare and beauty services, The Last Tangle Salon in Overland Park can serve all your skincare needs.