This page is a live feed from some of our favorite local style blogs. To visit their sites, please follow the link at the bottom of each post.
|The Style Guru: How to add podium-worthy gold to your style|
Summer is the perfect time to shine like Mr. Golden Sun.
The 2012 Olympic games are right around the corner, so why not shoot for that golden finish yourself? Get a winning “metal” that will exude your summer style and take it above and beyond your other fellow fashionistas.
It’s all about how you wear it, and of course, how much you wear of it. If you are planning on sporting this power hue, then be certain you take note of some helpful tips first:
Going For the Gold
1. Wear it as a detail - Dressed for a business cocktail party? Add some pizazz and spice with a sequined gold clutch.
Image via Brunch at Saks blog
2. Pile it on - Bangles, baubles and bling can make you feel like you hit the jackpot on your outfit for the day. It's definitely fashion-forward to pile on gold accessories, but be certain that you wear the bling with something simple, such as a solid shift dress.
Image via Rosalyn Gambhir.
3. Shimmer Statements - If you are going to wear a major garment piece in gold, then tread lightly with your other items. For example, if you wear a gold skirt, pair it with a simple blouse or tee and minimal jewelry.
Image via Goldenmeans
4. Wild Handshakes - Gold is a statement on its own. Have fun with your nails by mixing and matching gold polish with patterns and complimentary hues. Be cautious that you are not wearing a gold garment piece along with this trend. Gold nails are particularly great for embracing the metallic trend at work and for daytime.
OPI "Glitzerland" Image via College Fashion
Whatever you choose as your statement, always be sure that you are walking with confidence! If gold is not for you, then tone it down to tailor to your own brilliance. Remember, your sparkle shines from your soul!
Dozens of local boutiques are going for gold. Here are a few who have first-rate gold goodies:
1. Stop by Standard Style, but before you do, check out Emily Baldwin's tutorial on incorporating gold into event wear at any age.
2. In Clover Boutique in Corinth Square has some fantastic bangles just waiting to be piled on, as well as bright cuffs with statement gold clasps.
3. Nail En Vogue is a go-to nail salon if you want a professional metallic manicure. Don't be afraid to experiment on your own, either!
Be Ready, Be Stylish, xoxo